One-day courses are a valuable way for old students to strengthen their practice.
Only those who have completed a 10-day course with S.N. Goenka or one of his assistant teachers can be accepted on a one-day course.
The timetable is as follows:
a.m. ------------ Arrive/Registration
a.m. ------------ Anapana instructions
a.m. ------------ Group Sitting
a.m. ------------ Vipassana instructions
p.m. ------------ Lunch and rest (Interviews with teacher)
p.m. ------------ Meditation
p.m. ------------ Group Sitting
p.m. ------------ Group Sitting & Metta
p.m. ------------ Discourse
p.m. -------------Noble Silence and course end
All the rules for a 10-day course, including Noble Silence, apply. Please remind yourself by reading the Code of Discipline
What to bring
There are refrigerator and a small stove to heat the food. Please bring only vegetarian food.
THINGS YOU MAY NEED:
- For the meditation: pillows, a blanket or shawl. Chairs are available. (NB! There are no mattress, pillows or blankets at the location, so bring the things you need.)
- Loose clothes. Please avoid tights and dress modestly. Cover shoulders and knees.
DO NOT BRING:
- Books, notebooks, recorders, camera etc.
- Tobacco, alcohol, drugs etc.
- Furs, sheepskin or similar, either as clothing or mediation cover.
- Crystals, talismans, rosaries or other religious articles.
- Please do not use strong smelling deodorants, perfumes, aftershave,tiger balsam etc,
Please register for this course by completing the following form.
Click the "Next" and "Back" buttons at the bottom of each page to move from one page to the other. Click the "Cancel" button to cancel your application and return to the course schedule.
How we process your personal data
- The personal data that you provide in this online application form will be processed by the CALM Foundation (registered in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, with Chamber of Commerce number 69501440). CALM is responsible for the development, maintenance and safety of the registration software that you are using.
The purpose of processing your data is to provide you with a place on the course you applied for. We also need the information for internal organisational purposes and to comply with some legal requirements.
We gather information related to your personal identity, such as your name, address and date of birth. We also enquire about your physical and mental fitness to attend a course and, if applicable, about your course history and current meditation practice.
- We ask all students to complete a paper registration form when they arrive at the course site. These paper forms are stored separately.
One of the purposes for which your data may be used is to send you a newsletter. If you accept, there will be an option for you to unsubscribe in the future.
Your personal data will not be stored longer than necessary nor shared with third parties.